If you see this icon ( ) under the name of a form that appears in the list of DMV Forms, you can use your computer to enter information into the form and print the completed form. You are not required to complete these forms with your computer. You can print the form and use a typewriter or a pen that contains blue ink or black ink to complete the form.
You must have a version number of 7.0 or later of Adobe Acrobat Reader® installed on your computer to use a DMV form from the DMV web site. The latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader® is free at the Adobe web site.
Remember that DMV forms normally require that you provide your signature. After you complete and print a form, make sure that you write your signature in the correct spaces on the form.
If you do not see this icon ( ) under the name of a form, you cannot use your computer to enter information into the form. You must print the form and use a typewriter or a pen that contains blue ink or black ink to complete the form.
How to Use Your Computer to Complete DMV Forms
When you save a PDF form to your computer, you can use the form when you are not connected to the Internet. To save the form to your computer:
- Put your cursor on the form number (the link).
- Click the button on the right-hand side of your mouse to open the pop-up menu.
- Use the button on the left-hand side of your mouse to select "Save..." on the pop-up menu.
- Find a location on your computer to save the form, and then click the button to save the form.
- Close your browser.
To complete the form that you saved on your computer:
- Locate the form on your computer, and open the form.
- Wait until the form completely opens before you enter any information into the form.
- Move your cursor to the first line or box where you will enter your information.
- Click the button on the left-hand side of your mouse to make the cursor appear within the line or box. You can enter information into the lines or boxes that are for DMV customers and which do not require a signature. The cursor does not appear in lines or boxes that are not for DMV customers or that require a signature. Use your computer keyboard to enter the information into the form.
- To move your cursor to the next line or box, press the Tab key on your keyboard.
- To return to the previous line or box, press the Shift key while you press the Tab key.
- After you complete the form, check the information you entered to make sure it is correct.
- Print the form.
- Use a pen that contains blue or black ink to write your signature in the correct spaces on the form.