To use this transaction...
- Your browser must be set to allow cookies.
- You must be order only your own driving record abstract.
- The address on our files must be your current address. No address change is allowed. You can first change your address online, and then process this transaction.
- You must provide your Client Identification Number and the document number from your license, permit or non-driver ID (see sample document), as well as your date of birth, Social Security Number and your current ZIP code.
- You must provide an email address. A blocked or protected email address, including spam blocking software, may prevent you from receiving your confirmation email. Your email program must be able to receive email from addresses that include the domain: dmv.ny.gov.
- You must use a credit card to pay the $7.00 fee.
You CANNOT use this transaction if...
- You want an abstract of someone else's driving record.
- Your current address is different from the one on your DMV record, or you are not able to get mail at that address. Your driver abstract can be sent only to the address on DMV's file. Email requests for address changes are NOT accepted, but you can first change your address online, and then process this transaction.
- Your address is in a country other than the United States, including a military address.
- You cannot provide both your Client Identification Number and the document number from your most recent NYS photo driver license, learner permit or non-driver photo ID card.
- Your Social Security Number is not on file with DMV.
To find out how to get a driver abstract if any of these situations apply to you, see How to Get DMV Records.