Our Vision for Older Drivers
We commit to offering a selection of the best available educational, informational and referral materials to older drivers and to delivering these services in a supportive and respectful manner.
Our Mission for Older Drivers
In promoting DMV's traffic safety goals, our Office seeks to benefit the entire driving public by reducing accidents, promoting better driving skills and intelligent driving choices.
To accomplish this mission, the Office for the Older Driver will:
- Address issues and concerns of older drivers in a frank, sensitive and non-judgmental manner.
- Identify educational programs about safe driving, improving driving skills, and the process of retiring from driving.
- Offer topical, useful, and user-friendly materials to our consumers in all available media.
- Encourage driver comments and feedback on presented topics and suggestions for future ones.
- Evaluate our agency's current practices and initiate changes to our policies, procedures, regulations and statutes where appropriate.
- Coordinate efforts with other local, State and federal agencies and other parties to address the transportation needs of older drivers.