How to Print a Traffic Violations Bureau Substitute Traffic Ticket
To make sure you are eligible for this transaction, read the information on this page.
When you are ready to begin this transaction, use the "Go to Transaction" link at the bottom of the page.
1. Determine if you are eligible:
- To use this transaction, the front of the traffic ticket must have displayed the words "Traffic Violations Bureau" at the bottom. If the traffic ticket was not answerable to a Traffic Violations Bureau you cannot use this transaction for the ticket. The TVB does not handle parking violations, criminal driving violations (for example, DWI) or tickets answerable in a local court.
- You cannot use this transaction to plead to and pay or schedule a hearing for a TVB traffic ticket. Use the ePlead transaction for pleas and payments or hearings.
- To use this transaction, the TVB traffic ticket must be an open ticket. If the ticket has been dismissed, or if there was a conviction and the fines, the fees and the surcharges were all paid, the ticket is a closed ticket.
- You can use this online transaction to print substitute tickets for all of your open TVB traffic tickets when you enter your information and the number from one valid open ticket number (or the last four digits of your Social Security Number). You must print the substitute tickets one at a time.
2. Determine what you must have and what you need to know:
To use this transaction, your web browser must permit cookies.
To print TVB substitute traffic tickets, you must have the following items or information:
- A TVB traffic ticket number from an open TVB traffic ticket and the last four digits of your Social Security Number. If you have a NYS driver license with your SSN on file, and you do not have the ticket number, enter all of the other information to determine if the DMV can locate the ticket record.
- Your Client ID Number from your NYS DMV driver license, learner permit or non-driver photo ID card, or your full name, your date of birth, and your gender if you do not have a NYS DMV Client ID Number.
- A valid e-mail address for verification only. You will not receive an e-mail from the DMV to confirm this transaction.
- A pen or a pencil and a piece of paper, or a printer, to record your Confirmation Number.
When you use this transaction, you need to know that:
- This transaction is normally available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- There is no fee for this transaction.
- When you enter one traffic ticket number from an open TVB traffic ticket that is on the DMV records, the transaction displays information about that traffic ticket, and any other open or unpaid TVB traffic tickets issued to you. You can use this online transaction to print substitute tickets for all of the open tickets. You must print the substitute tickets one at a time.
- A substitute ticket printed from this transaction contains the same information as a substitute ticket printed at a TVB office.
- The transaction does not allow you to print substitute tickets for:
- Traffic tickets that are not TVB tickets, or
- TVB traffic tickets that are closed. This includes tickets that were dismissed and tickets that resulted in convictions for which all required fines, fees and surcharges have been paid.
- If a traffic ticket or an action is not available, a message in the transaction will notify you and provide instructions. Make sure you carefully read all messages in the transaction.
- To begin the transaction, select "Go to the Transaction" below.