How to Pay Suspension Termination Fees online
To make sure you are eligible for this transaction, read the information on this page.
When you are ready to begin this transaction, use the "Go to Transaction" link at the bottom of the page.
1. Determine if you are eligible:
- You can use this transaction only to pay up to 10 suspension termination fees during one business day for definite suspensions of a driver license or driving privilege. The suspension termination fee is $25 for each suspension. For a suspension that has an effective date on or after July 6, 2009, the termination fee is $50. The fee is $100 if the suspension was for a violation of the NYS alcohol Zero Tolerance Law.
- A definite suspension is a suspension of your driver license or driving privilege for a specified period of time. For example, a 31-day suspension of your driver license under the DMV driver violation point system is a definite suspension.
- You cannot pay fees for indefinite suspensions online. An indefinite suspension is a suspension that you can only terminate when you take an action. Examples of indefinite suspensions are suspensions for failure to answer a summons, pay a fine, or file an accident report.
- You cannot use this transaction to pay traffic ticket fines or surcharges, civil penalties or other penalties or fees.
- If you do not have any suspension termination fees to pay for definite suspensions, you will receive an error message when you enter your driver information during the transaction.
2. Determine what you must have and what you need to know:
To pay your suspension termination fees online, your web browser must permit cookies.
To pay suspension termination fees online, you must have these items or this information:
- Your client ID number from a NYS photo document or your name.
- Your date of birth and your gender.
- If your Social Security Number was filed with the NYSDMV, the last four digits of your Social Security Number.
- A credit card or a debit card that the DMV accepts.
- An e-mail address that is not blocked and not protected so the DMV can send your order confirmation to you. Your e-mail program must be able to receive e-mail from addresses that include the domain: dmv.ny.gov.
- A pen or a pencil and a piece of paper, or a printer, to record your confirmation number.
When you pay your suspension termination fees online, you need to know that:
- The DMV will terminate the suspension two business days after the date your payment is processed or on the end date of the suspension, whichever date is later.
- The payment will not guarantee that your driver license or driving privilege will be restored. You are responsible to determine that your driver license or driving privilege is valid before you drive a motor vehicle. Read the FAQ about how to verify your driver license or driving privilege status and get a document.
- You cannot cancel the transaction after you submit your payment.
- If you have a question about the online suspension termination fee payment, read the FAQs.